If you are planning to visit Turkey, you will want to take a look at the Turkey holidays 2011 calendar so you know the best time to travel. Turkey is bustling with activity year-round, but here is a list of the events for the later part of 2011:
- The Uni-Rock Festival takes place annually at the Kucukciftlik Park in Istanbul. Visit Istanbul in September to take part in the huge rock festival that will blast heavy metal music over three days time to the 40,000 attending.
- If rock music is not quite your cup of tea, try out the International Folk Dance Festival, which occurs in the mid part of September in Bodrum. The Folk Dance Festival features a number of performances as well as a taste of different styles of folk music.
- On into October comes the International Bodrum Cup. Yachts of all sizes compete in the annual regatta and onlookers are given a chance to explore the wooden vessels.
- The Istanbul Book Fair also begins in October. More than 500 publishing houses attend the annual fair where agents and authors unite.
- Art enthusiasts with appreciate all of the offering found at ARTIST, the annual November fair that takes place in Istanbul. 2011’s convention will feature art of all mediums as well as seminars and discussion panels.
- In December, visitors can watch the Whirling Dervishes Festival in Konya. Dancing mingles with music in this spectacle that just shouldn’t be missed. The Whirling Dervishes is a plight to honor the great Sufic saint called Mevlana. Find other things to do in Konya here: Konya, in a Whirl of its Own.
For prices on hotels and flights to Turkey, check out TravelSupermarket.com or CheapFlights.co.uk. Book now for the best rates for the Turkey holidays 2011 calendar.