The Lake District is one of Britain’s most beautiful locations – the tranquil waters and stately mountains are more than enough to lift the spirits on a well earned break.
Whether you are travelling alone, on a romantic getaway or a family holiday, it’s always a treat to stay in five-star surroundings.
Here is a sample of some of the Lake District's top-rated accommodation.
- Broadoaks Luxury Boutique Country House – This lovely hotel in Windermere’s Troutbeck Valley combines boutique hotel chic with the comfort of a country house, complete with seven acres of grounds. A specialist in romantic breaks, the en-suite bedrooms have double whirlpool baths. Some rooms are also suitable for guests who want to bring their pet dog by prior arrangement.
- Winder Hall Country House – If you’re in the mood for a country walk, this is a perfect location – especially as there is a sauna and hot tub in the garden’s summer house! The seven-room hotel, located near Cockermouth, prides itself in fine dining using fresh local ingredients.
- New House Farm – Situated in Lorton Vale between Keswick and Cockermouth, this Grade II listed establishment has a true country feel, with original oak beams and rafters. The neighbouring building, a former barn, is now the venue for traditional home-made fare and the area has spectuacular, 360-degree Lakeland views.
- Moss Grove Organic Hotel – For green-minded guests, this Grasmere venue uses natural products wherever possible to preserve the environment, including reclaimed timbers, filtered water and natural clay paint. There is a spa bath and flat screen TV in every room and free high-speed internet is also available.
- Windermere Suites – Perfect for visitors seeking the ultimate honeymoon or anniversary retreat, these eight suites feature fabulous contemporary interiors – and you can enjoy full Cumbrian or continental breakfast in privacy. An interesting twist is that if you like the furniture and décor here, you can order similar items at a discount price!