Top ten holiday destinations
Those of you looking for a great holiday destination to book, here is a list of potential places to get you started with your search. These locations offer 10 of the best holiday destinations catering to all different types of travellers so there is a place to entice every type of traveller.
Ultratomio - Wikimedia
10. In Africa, travellers can get lost in the long history, beautiful scenery and much more. Cape Town, South Africa is a city full of variety with stunning geographic beauty to boot. History buffs will enjoy visiting Nelson Mandela's prison on Robben Island while active travellers need to explore the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve.
9. Victoria Falls is an unbelievable UNESCO World Heritage Site that lies on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe. These falls are on the Zambezi River and are the world’s largest based on the width and height. Make sure to explore the national parks nearby where plenty of good hiking and trekking awaits.
8. Marrakech, Morocco is the 3rd largest city in the country and is full of mosques, museums, palaces and much more. Those that like to bargain should spend time in the markets (souks) and see how cheap they can get their goods for. If you have the time you can also make your way to the tanneries on the east end of Avenue Bab El Dabbagh for a unique experience.
7. Siem Reap, Cambodia is the main gateway to the much lauded Angkor region. While tourists will flock to Angkor Archaeological Park, there is so much more to see in the city itself. Spend time travelling in the countryside where you will be overwhelmed by serenity of the rice paddies and natural beauty.
6. Hanoi, Vietnam is a fun city to explore by motorbike, train or bus. Spend time visiting the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the many more museums and historical sites scattered throughout the city. Spend a relaxing evening going to the Water Puppet Theatre or taking a cooking class to beff up your Asian recipe repertoire.
5. Seoul, South Korea is an ever growing city which is full of events and activities. If you are looking for delicious food, an amazing transportation system and nights where the fun never stops, this is the city to visit.
4. Those looking for an adventure holiday in the winter and a bit closer to home should head to the Swiss Alps. This is great to do with friends, family or just a loved one where everybody can hit the slopes together and take in the magnificent beauty that is everywhere.
3. Barcelona, Spain is another top tourist destination that caters to everyone’s needs. Whether you are a food, history or sports lover, this is the place for you to explore. Saudi's work is scattered throughout the city so you will not be lost for wondrous buildings to take in.
2. Zagreb, Croatia is a romantic city that is clean, safe and beautiful. The warm temperature makes it the perfect place to go this year and enjoy the sun and friendly atmosphere and it will not break the bank to spend a quality week here.
1. Istanbul, Turkey is the place to go if you like crowds. With somewhere between 12 - 19 million people living in the city, you will definitely be in the middle of everything. If you need a break from the crowds, head to a Hamams (Turkish Bath) that is nearby or enjoy a Nargile (Hooka/Water Pipe). You can even explore this city by walking along the 5 mile long Theodosian Wall.