- You are in:
- Homepage >
Thomson Holiday Cancellations
Unfortunately sometimes holidays don’t go as planned and need to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens with a Thomson Holiday, the last thing you want to stress about is figuring out how to cancel the holiday. Here is a loose guide to help figure out what steps need to be taken when cancelling a Thompson holiday.
Pedro Aragão - Wikimedia
If you booked your trip online at thomson.co.uk then you have the option to click on Manage My Booking. To access your booking, you will be asked for your booking reference number, lead passenger surname and date of departure. Simply fill in the required information and you will be guided on what to do next.
There are situations and certain instances where you will not be able to cancel your booking online and calling will be necessary if you:
- - Booked your trip in a travel shop
- - Booked with Thomson Contact Centre/Twin Centre Holidays (0203 451 2688)
- - Booked a Cruise Holiday (0203 451 2682)
- - Booked a Ski/Snowboarding Holiday (0871 971 0578)
- - Booked a Lakes and Mountains Holiday (0871 971 0577)
The closer your departure date is and the longer you leave cancelling, the higher the charge you will face. If you notify Thomson 70 days or more you will just lose your deposit fee. If you cancel within 70 days, the amount charged will vary on a sliding scale as follows:
- - 69-57 days - 30% of the total booking price plus loss of deposit
- - 56-36 days - 50% of the total booking price plus loss of deposit
- - 35-22 days - 70% of the total booking price plus loss of deposit
- - 21-15 days - 90% of the total booking price plus loss of deposit
- - 14-0 days - 100% of the total booking price plus loss of deposit
Any extra options that you may have booked will either be non-refundable or only part-refundable. Read the terms and conditions for more information and make sure you are comfortable with them at the time of booking. Once you have completed all the necessary steps, you should receive a cancellation invoice from Thomson within 2 weeks of notifying them about the cancellation.