- You are in:
- Homepage >
An overview of Saga's Italian holidays
The travel company Saga's Italian holidays are among the best trips offering by its catalogue. They combine luxury, culture, natural beauty and great locations in the country whose history defines so much of the heritage of Western civilisation, from the power of the Roman Empire to the profundity of the Renaissance. Here, five premier Italian trips are discussed. All cited prices include return flights:
- A trip to Calabria in Southern Italy, staying at the all-inclusive Hotel Rocca Nettuno Garden in the seaside town of Tropea. For as little as £549 per person, you could enjoy 7 days of cultured luxury in one of the most beautiful parts of Italy. Excursions to the small village of Pizzo, and the local old pottery quarter of Nicastro are included within your ticket price, and optional trips to the Aeolian Islands or to Sicily can also be arranged at reasonable costs.
- 7 nights at the Parc Hotel Paradiso, close to the shores of Lake Garda, with prices starting from £549 per person. The largest lake in Italy, Lake Garda is renowned for its stunning scenery, and is close to historical and cultural centres like Venice and Verona. An all-inclusive stay at the Parc Hotel Paradiso includes access to the hotel's excellent leisure features, health centre, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- A 14-night visit to the village of Gavinana in Tuscany, staying at the Hotel Franceschi for as little as £749 per person. Great for mountain walking and hiking, Tuscany is also home to three of the main cities at the centre of the Renaissance, Pisa, Siena and Florence - and there are excursions available to all of them.
- 7 nights on Sicily at Letojanni's picturesque Hotel Olimpo, for a minimum of £749 per person. From this beautiful hotel, you will have a perfect view of Mount Etna (an excursion to the volcano is included in your ticket price) and the famous ancient town of Taormina, which has historically been the influence of literary greats including Oscar Wilde, DH Lawrence and Alexandre Dumas.
- A luxury break at the Hotel Mediterraneo in Sorrento on Italy's Amalfi Coast, famous for its natural beauty, for from £699 per person. Excursions can be arranged to the nearby Pompeii and Capri - and why not spend some time absorbing the beauty of your hotel own scenery, relaxing by the pool near its pristine gardens of orange and lemon trees?
Although these five trips do represent particular highlights in the Saga brochure, these are not the limit of Saga's range of Italian holidays. Check the website at http://travel.saga.co.uk/holidays/search/destinations/italy.aspx for other options.