Make your Phuket holidays unique with a visit to the islands of Phang Nga Bay. Phuket is Thailand's largest island, but there are lots of smaller islands between Phuket and Krabi. Here are a few of our favourites...
- Ko Bon — This small yet stunning island is 10 minutes from Rawai. You can charter a boat from most of Phuket's main beaches. It's ideal for a day of snorkelling, swimming and relaxing.
- Ko Mai Thon — This gorgeous little island is our favourite. It's got perfect beaches, crystal waters and amazing natural scenery. Charter a boat from Phuket's southern beaches.
- Ko Yao — These group of small islands have a few luxury resorts. If you can't shell out to stay here, take a day trip from Phuket town and discover great diving, beautiful beaches and peace and quiet.
- Ko Hae — Also known as Coral Island, this is a very popular spot for snorkelling. The reefs are stunning when visibility is good. 15 minutes by speedboat from Chalong Bay.
- Ko Lon — This quiet mountainous island has a predominantly Muslim population, who engage in fishing and coconut farming. Ferry services operate from Ao Chalong.
- Ko Maphrao - Also known as Coconut Island, Ko Maphrao has lots of out-of-water activities like walking trails, biking and fishing. Boats leave from Laem Hin pier.
- Ko Sire (Ko Si Le) — This shallow mangrove swamp is home to a sea gypsy settlement. Cheap pearls are for sale. It's connected to Phuket by a causeway.
- Ko Racha — The twin islands of Yai and Noi are popular with scuba divers and snorkellers. The white sandy beaches are gleaming. Boats can be chartered from Ao Chalong and Rawai.