Going to New York should be on everybody’s list of things to do. It is a great city, full of history, places to visit, places to shop and a lot of entertainment. You couldn’t even begin get to grips with the city in a weekend, but it's still well worth the trip.
Getting to New York and back isn’t too expensive. If you were looking for return tickets over a long weekend, Swiss, Continental Airlines, Aer Lingus and US Airways will all be in the region of £500 return per person. Booking in advance will reduce what you have to pay for flights.
If you are planning New York weekend breaks for 2011, here are a few ideas of things to do:
1. Go see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Visiting Ellis Island is a must do for those that are interested in the history of New York and the Statue of Liberty is one of the world’s most famous Landmarks.
2. Take a helicopter tour of the city. It is a wonderful way to see the city, great views of the skyline, the Statue of Liberty, the Yankee Stadium, the George Washington Bridge and many more - prices around $200.
3. Visit the Rockefeller Center. Go to the top and see some stunning views of Manhattan, the skyline and Central Park. Go for a spin on the famous ice rink at the bottom.
4. Shop till you drop. If you have any extra dollars you want to spend before coming home, you won’t have any problems in New York. All of your favourite designers on a couple of streets.
5. Go for a walk around Central Park. It’s a great way to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city and is a truly beautiful place.
6. Go to the Bronx Zoo. It is the largest metropolitan zoo in America.
There is a lot to do in New York and it doesn’t disappoint. If you are only going for a weekend it would be a good idea to decide things you want to do before going, and book it all. If you don’t you will spend a lot of precious time deciding what to do, when to fit it in and making bookings.