Manchester to Melbourne flights tend to be a bit more expensive than, say, London to Sydney flights. However you can still get a good deal on this route by following our top tips...
- Book your flights as far in advance as possible. Most airlines release tickets for sale 12 months before departure dates, and it's advisable to book as close to this release date as possible. In general, ticket prices are at their lowest when there are more of them available. This means that as people buy tickets, the price of the remaining ones will increase. This is why last minute flights are usually so expensive, particularly on popular routes like Manchester to Melbourne.
- If you're flexible with your travel dates, try to book your flights in low season. This corresponds to the southern hemisphere winter, roughly June to August. Because less people travel to Australia during these months, ticket prices are often cheaper. Avoid travel at peak times, particularly around the Christmas holidays.
- Compare air fares from as many different airlines as you can. It's not unusual for some airlines to be four times more expensive than others on identical routes.
- Compare different dates. Flights on Tuesdays and Thursdays are often cheaper than flights on other days of the week - simply because they are less popular days to travel long haul.
- Consider flying out of London and into Sydney. Because this is the most popular route between the UK and Australia, there are more airlines flying it and therefore increased competition and lower prices.