- You are in:
- Homepage >
How to Pack Responsibly
Here are some things to remember when packing for your long awaited vacation:
- Forewarned is forearmed. Count the number of days you’ll be traveling, then check the weather forecast of the country you’re visiting. You don’t want to pack sweaters for the tropics or tank tops for a cold winter.
- Bring the essentials. If you’re traveling for a month, prepare enough underwear for seven days – you can always hand wash them. Prepare all your medication and toiletries. And by toiletries we mean your toothbrush, toothpaste, and a bath scrub. Shampoo and soap bottles might be unnecessary if you’re traveling to a city where you can always buy these when you arrive.
- Pack two major outfits... and then just mix and match. You don’t have to bring all your jeans. One or two pairs will do.
- No Twins. Don’t have two of the same things – i.e., two grey sweaters. You’ll just need one. And if you repeat it, so what? Learn to accessorize. A change of bangles here and there, a scarf or maybe a brooch will turn this plain piece into something fun each time you wear it. This is true for footwear, too.
- Small on side, bulky on top. Make use of all side pockets by inserting all small items such as underwear, socks, leggings, stockings and swimsuits. Major pieces like jeans and coats can be laid flat on top of everything else.
- Be prepared for a dressy occasion. You never know when you might be invited to a dressy affair, so have a dress on hand, ladies, or slacks and a decent collared shirt, for the men.
- Emergency kit in hand-carry. Now we’re not saying your luggage will get lost, but in case it does, don’t tell us we didn’t warn you to bring a back up in your hand-carry. It’s always safe to have a change of clothes on hand, especially for a long flight.