- Cheap Holidays from Scotland!
There are many cheap holidays from Scotland, to European destinations and further abroad. You could enjoy the summer sun on the Mediterranean, or head to the Alps or Canada’s Rocky Mountains for a winter skiing holiday. Other cities rich in history and culture include Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam and Istanbul. With no shortage of destinations or deals, there is something to suit everyone’s taste and budget.
Cheap Summer Holidays from Scotland
- Ibiza: With sandy beaches, nightclubs and the party atmosphere of San Antonio and Ibiza Town, this is popular holiday spot. Stay in a beachfront resort, such as Puerto San Miguel and Portinatx. Prices are from 354 pounds all-inclusive, with departures from Glasgow Prestwick airport, 25 June 2011. Check travelsupermarket.com for further information.
- Gran Canaria: Fascinating volcanic landscapes and warm weather year-round make the Canary Islands a great destination in summer or winter. Prices are from £465, including flight and all-inclusive hotel for seven nights. Departures are from Glasgow airport, 27 June 2011. For more details and other holidays to the Canaries, see: cheapholidaybargains.co.uk.
- Amsterdam: This is a great alternative to a beach holiday, with a historic centre riddled by canals, a famous red-light district, and some of the continent’s foremost art museums. You can also find museums on themes like handbags, vodka, and of course, football. Prices start at a very affordable £169 for seven nights.
- Greek Islands: Rhodes has great Mediterranean weather and tons of sightseeing, with ancient ruins and a famous old town. Prices are from £242 for seven nights at the Kolymbia resort, all-inclusive with flights. Departure is on 29 June 2011 from Glasgow airport. For this package and more island-hopping in Greece, see: teletextholidays.co.uk.
- Algarve: The famous Algarve beaches on the coast of Portugal offer hot dry summers and warm winters, making this an ideal year-round destination. Prices are from £645 for an all-inclusive seven night stay, departing 27 June 2011 from Glasgow Prestwick airport.
Cheap Winter Holidays from Scotland
During the winter, a skiing and snowboarding holiday could be perfect. The travel website Holidayhypermarket.co.uk has information on ski resorts across Europe and North America, at holidayhypermarket.co.uk/ski, and a special search function just for skiing vacations.
- Bulgaria: The Bansko ski resort is the best in Bulgaria. Seven nights in a self-catered apartment starts at £337, including flights. Departure is 12 January 2012, from Edinburgh. For more details see dp.holidayhypermarket.co.uk.
- France: The Hotel de Golf in Bourg-St-Maurice offers spa facilities and easy access to Paradiski and La Plagne ski resorts. Prices are from £565 for seven nights, departing 21 January 2012, from Inverness airport. See expedia.co.uk for more information.