- You are in:
- Homepage >
Find Cheap Crossings To France Online
- Naomi A.
England and France are separated by the English Channel, which means travelers cannot simply jump in a car and drive obviously. When you have a strict budget but still want to enjoy a wonderful holiday or weekend break, you can find cheap crossings to France online. There are three types of cheap crossings to France: ferry, airplane, and train.
Ferries To France
When looking for cheap crossings to France via ferry, there are some crossing routes that are less expensive than others. Special return ferry tickets are often cheaper than open return tickets. Many vacationers also find that purchasing their ferry tickets in France is cheaper than buying then in England.
One of the best places to find cheap crossings to France online is Ferry-to-France.co.uk. At this site you can specify your specific travel information. Ferry to France will then provide you with all available ferries, including specific routes and prices, allowing you to find the best deal.
- LD Lines - Round-trip ferry ticket for two adults traveling from Portsmouth to Le Havre is £60.00. This ferry trip takes 3 hours and 15 minutes to get to France, and 5 hours and 30 minutes to return from Le Havre, France to Portsmouth, England. This is the typical price for LD Lines ferries.
- Brittany Ferries – For £118.00, two adults can travel on a ferry from Portsmouth, England to Cherbourg, France. This route takes about three hours, each way.
- PO Ferries - Round-trip ferry ticket for two adults, going from Dover, England to Calais, France, is £118.00. This trip is only 1 hour and 30 minutes each way.
Flights To France
When you want to find cheap crossings to France that are quicker than a ferry, take an airplane. The best place to find cheap airfares to France online is Cheapflights.co.uk. This site allows you to choose your departure and arrival cities and provides you with formation on a variety of available flights, from the big companies to the budget airlines. This site also includes taxes with its prices, which is very convenient.
- Eurostar - A round-trip flight from London to Paris can be as low as £69.
- British Airways - A round-trip flight from London to Paris can be as low as £98.
Trains To France
The Eurostar is a high-speed passenger train that can also carry vehicles and bicycles through the Channel Tunnel that runs underneath the English Channel. It only takes about two and a half hours to travel from England to France through the tunnel, depending on the stations. The best place to purchase cheap Eurostar train tickets to France online is at vacationsbyplaza.com. Please note that these prices are in US dollars.
- A one-way standard Eurostar train ticket from London to Paris can be as low as £43.05 for adults and £31 per child.
- A round-trip standard Eurostar train ticket from London to Paris can be as low as £108.