Travel to Benalmadena, Spain and discover a wealth of fun activities, delicious restaurants and dazzling beaches. Learn more about the range of attractions available to travellers during their holiday in Spain.
Benalmadena includes three distinct neighbourhoods:
Arroyo de la Miel is between the old village and the urban centre. The area is home to the Tivoli World (tivoli.es) theme park and a cable car that runs to the peaks of Calamorro Mountain. Arroyo de la Miel houses the Polideportivo Municipal sports centre and a large selection of self-catering holiday apartments.
Benalmadena Costa is a modern, urban centre surrounding the marina. The area offers a large selection of discos, bars and restaurants. Benalmadena Costa also houses the aquarium and La Poloma Park with a huge lake and plenty of wildlife. The Summer Music, Theatre and Dance Festival takes place in Benalmadena Auditorium. There's also a large art museum and a large selection of hotels.
Benalmadena Pueblo is the old village. The white-washed buildings create a stunning backdrop for pictures and there is a museum in the centre of the old village that features items from the Bronze Age. Holiday travellers should take time to visit Castillo de Colomares (Castillomonumentocolomares.com), a castle created to honour Christopher Columbus.
Beaches in Benalmadena
Benalmadena offers beaches that please every style of traveller. In all, there are close to 10 kilometres of beaches in the three neighbourhoods.
- Arroyo Beach is in Arroyo de la Miel. It borders a promenade that leads all the way to the marina. It's a quieter beach that suits people looking to swim.
- Arroyo Hondo Beach forms where river meats sea. This is a quiet beach that most tourists overlook making it the perfect choice for couples wanting to avoid crowds.
- Benalnatura is a nudist beach. A concrete path leads from the A7 to the beach. There is a beach bar available here.
- Las Yucas Beach has one section for nudists. The beach a popular hang out for fishing and snorkelling because of the rocky coastline.
- Malapesquera Beach is 700 metres long and borders a promenade and the Nautical Club in Benalmadena Costa. The beach is handicap accessible with plenty of parking nearby.
- Santa Anna Beach borders Torre Bermeja Beach. It's one of the busiest beaches and has a Red Cross centre available for emergencies.
- Torre Bermeja Beach is a family-friendly beach with areas for beach football, volleyball and water sports. The beach has a playground, parking lot and bathroom facilities.
- Torrevijia Beach is nearest Hotel Torrequebrade. It's one of the largest beaches in Benalmadena, but it's also more gravel than sand which some travellers do not enjoy.
Take advantage of holiday packages when travelling to Costa del Sol. Companies like Thomson.co.uk offer discounted packages that include airfare and accommodations. You'll save money on your Benalmadena, Spain holiday.