There is so much to think about if you are planning Australian holidays in 2012. Australia has so much to offer - if you like active holidays or quiet holidays, if you like beaches, if you like adventure, if you like partying, if you like big cities, Australia has it.
Perth is one of our favourite cities in Australia (and to be honest, one of our favourites in the world). It is a sunny, clean city with lots to do and lots to see. Here are a few ideas for starters:
1. Take a walk along Swan River. If you are lucky you might see some dolphins swim past. Walk along the south side to see the water with the city's skyline behind it - it's an amazing view.
2. Go watch a Perth Glory game. Aussie rules is huge in Australia but Perth have a handy football team as well. Former Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler currently plays for them, but if you are going in 2012 you'll probably not see him!
3. Take a tour of Fremantle prison. There is a lot of history in the Fremantle and taking a tour of the prison is a great way to learn about it. You can see artwork left by former inmates and learn all about Western Australia's convict past.
4. Take a walk around Kings Park. Kings Park is a beautiful spot for a nice quiet walk, with beautiful flowers, relaxed restaurants and cafes and wonderful views of the city.
5. Visit Perth Zoo. If you are a fan of animals, Perth Zoo does not disappoint. It's a great zoo, full of exotic wildlife. When leaving to get back to the city you can get a boat across the Swan River.
6. Go for a flutter at Burswood Casino. Games include baccarat, blackjack, Caribbean stud poker, roulette and many others.
7. Head down to Margaret River. Margaret river is a great place to go if you want to unwind and relax. There's great food, great wine and lots of stunning scenery.