Do you feel it in your fingers? Or maybe in your toes? If you've "lost that loving feeling", or if you're just looking for a place to fan the flames of desire with your sweetheart, then check into these hotels on the 14th.
- Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, USA. Provence meets California in the "Inn of the Sun", a local treasure which first became known for its French cuisine, and remains a favourite because of its vast olive groves, beautiful forest vistas, and quirky outdoor sculptures. Your maison has an adjoining terrace, perfect for a private dinner while you take in the valley, hills, and gardens. Mediterranean-style furniture make yours an escape unlike any other, with massive beds complemented by down beddings and Italian linen, a bath with soaking tubs and steam showers, and a fireplace which blazes to echo your amour.
- Etu Moana, Aitutaki, Cook Islands. How does having a tropical island all to yourself sound like? Nestled against coconut trees, perched on a bed of white sand, and facing a jewel-like sea, the "Blue Starfish" resort lavishes you with exactly that experience. After snorkelling, scuba diving, or feeding the butterfly fish, you'll enjoy rinsing off in your own hidden outdoor shower, drinking in the salty air from your canopied verandah, and basking in the sun from your secluded garden. Mountain and lagoon panoramas can be glimpsed at from your spacious thatched villa, while you listen to the gentle swishing of palm leaves in the breeze.
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort, Mykonos, Greece. White and blue could very well be the colour of love. An example of traditional Cycladic architecture, this Mykonos hotel lets its environs speak for itself. The full impact of the surrounding waters are intensified by infinity pools, dotted by pristine lounge chairs which are sequestered by snowy drapes for a little one-on-one time. Couples can get olive oil massages right on the waterfront or in their room, furnished with marble columns, curling lamps, and gossamer curtains, all in varying shades of dove-gray, cream, and ivory. Romance packages include champagne and fruit platters, Kamasutra Seduction boxes, and candlelit dinners by the beach.
- Rosewood Mayakobá, Riviera Maya, Mexico. Utterly modern - all glass facades, trendy structure, and Zen furniture - this Mexico hotel nevertheless puts the enveloping Caribbean waters to the forefront. Lush vegetation, alabaster sand, and immense skies can be marveled at right from your airy suite, accentuated with fresh plants, sliding glass doors, boat docks, terraces, or sundecks. The Sense spa presents an array of delectations, such as the Mayakobá Ancient Massage, Hot Stone Therapy, and Temazcal Ritual to "purify, cure, and revitalize you".
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla, Himalayas. Deep into the pine-permeated summit of the Himalayas, Wildflower Hall is a bastion of opulence. It is literally heavenly, as though you could reach out and pluck a cloud from the great azure. Outdoor pools, forest trails, ice skating facilities, white river rafting equipment, and a voluptuous spa are just some of its offerings to those keen on making the most of their getaway. The palate is also catered for with a range of international cuisines, and you can dine while looking out into wondrous mountain peaks.