- You are in:
- Homepage >
5 Budget Ski Destinations
Fun on ice usually leaves the pockets cold and empty, what with the costs of ski equipment, lodging, and other expenses. But with these top budget ski destinations, you’ll be off to a winter wonderland – minus the steep prices.
- Brides-les-Bains in France. This old spa town is an amazing world of ice with great value, with its slimming spa and thermal resorts where you’ll be pampered while you shed off that excess weight. Although it was once the “Olympic Village” during the 1992 Winter Olympics, this resort caters to all kinds of skiers, with runs for beginners, intermediates, and experts. Love shopping but not night parties? Brides-les-Bains offers quiet evenings and great deals in its main shopping centre. Easily accessible from the resort is the low-cost Three Valley Ski area, with 600 kilometres of pistes and over 200 ski lifts. Soothe your aching muscles after a tough day of skiing at Thermes d’Orsi, which features a 36 degrees Celsius thermal pool, hydro massage, and mud bath.
- Bansko in Bulgaria. Considered Bulgaria’s number one ski resort, Bansko offers tourists spectacular ski holidays with a dash of history. It was once a crafts and trade centre that reached its economic and cultural peak, then was conquered by the Turks. Today, this ski resort attracts tourists with its low rates, excellent facilities, and unique and historical architecture. Daily skiing and snowboarding competitions, slaloms and giant slalom runs, and traditional Bulgarian mountain fare are some of the ski resorts’ offerings.
- Cervinia in Italy. Offering Alpine skiing at its best minus the expensive rates, Cervinia is an excellent choice for skiers who prefer gentler slopes. Featuring a vertical drop of 7,701 metres and the longest run at 22 kilometres, Cervinia’s sunny and snow sure slopes, remarkable scenery, and connection to the mountain in Zermatt, Switzerland ensure glistening ski holidays.
- Flaine in France. Fun awaits you in this affordable ski resort perched atop the Grand Massif. Located in the Haute-Savoie region, it’s easily accessible from Geneva airport. Drive a car on ice, go paragliding with a professional, or book a flight over the Alps aboard a helicopter. Enjoy the latest blockbuster films at the resort’s cinema studio, go wall climbing, go ice skating, or relax in the Finnish saunas.
- Soldeu-El Tarter in Andorra. A skiing trip is not complete without a visit to Andorra. Although Andorra is a prime ski destination characterised by prices steep as its slopes, Soldeu-El Tartar offers a great ski school and vibrant nightlife at low prices. Ski runs are ideal for beginners and intermediates, but there are rougher ones for advanced skiers. Its excellent restaurants and comfortable lodging with duty-free prices guarantee travellers an unbelievable bargain for a ski holiday.